Who doesn’t love a nice Lemon Drizzle Cake I mean it happens to be one of my favourites. When I found that I could make it egg, dairy and gluten free I was over the moon. The recipe is super easy to cook up as well, a matter of getting the ingredients and mixing them together.
The Lemon Drizzle Cake is the best thing to take into work to get the co workers on side, it was gone in minutes! It’s totally optional as well but sometimes I keep a little bit of lemon zest aside and add it to the icing at the end, just gives it that extra look that you don’t normally see.
The recipe is a common in our household, whenever I fancy baking this is my go to recipe. Who doesn’t like Lemon Drizzle Cake right? Let me know how you go on if you made it yourself and don’t forget to check out all the other free from recipes that I have!
- 100ml Coconut oil
- 275g Gluten free self raising flour
- 200g Castor sugar
- 1 Lemon zest & half of the juice
- 150ml water
- FOR THE ICING..
- 150g Icing sugar
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- Pinch lemon zest
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line the tin with baking parchment. Mix the flour, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl. Add the oil, lemon juice and 150ml cold water, then mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Bake for 40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove and transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool fully.
- For the icing, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl. Mix in just enough lemon juice to make an icing thick enough to pour over the loaf (if you make the icing too thin, it will just run off the cake).
Like this recipe? Pin it for later so you can find it easily!