So my husband loves Oreos and I wanted to bake something one day so I thought, what better than oreo macarons, right? I also decided to make these vegan macarons so that I could enjoy them a little better.
Dairy free macarons are hard to come by in my opinion and there’s not enough of them out there which is why I’m in love with this recipe and I hope others are as well because they’re super tasty!
This vegan oreo macarons recipe is easy to make, just because it’s a vegan recipe doesn’t mean it’s hard work and it’s super tasty, you wouldn’t know it’s vegan unless you got told it was.
If you’re thinking, are macarons vegan then the answer is no, not normally. You’ve got to change a few ingredients to make them vegan but once you’ve worked it out it’s totally easy and you get a very nice vegan macarons recipe.
Dairy Free Macarons
One thing I love about this oreo macaons recipe is that everyone can enjoy, they’re dairy free and also egg free macarons and a great little dessert or snack to take to a party so if you need thanksgiving dish ideas, this is one!
As you can see above I use a silicone baking mat, I find them the best, easy to get baked food off of and they are great for the environment and last a lot longer than metal trays and you don’t need baking parchment!
You will need a good piping set if you’re wanting to make these. I’ll say now that this is the first time I’ve ever tried to make macarons and I’m glad with how they’ve turned out, shows anyone can make them!
Remember, they don’t have to look perfect, even more so if it’s your first time! The thing to work on is the taste and if they taste amazing, that’s the main thing!
How To Make Oreo Macarons
So the oreo macarons ingredients are a little different in this recipe due to them being vegan but trust me, they still taste like the best oreo macarons you’ll ever try. Now you don’t need to figure out where to buy oreo macarons as you can make them yourself!
Enjoy this vegan oreo macarons recipe and let me know if you need any help or if you just loved this recipe and can’t stop making and eating them, I couldn’t get enough! Follow the simple steps below on how to make vegan macarons.
If you want to make these nut free macarons then swap the almond flour with normal plain flour, I’d also suggest making sure all other ingredients are nut free so you can make these nut free oreo macarons.
Vegan Cookies & Cream Macarons
- 150g Reduced Aquafaba (liquid from x2 cans of chickpeas)
- 200g Caster sugar
- 200g Icing sugar
- 200g Almond flour
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- 100g Vegan oreo biscuits Blitzed
For the Filling buttercream
- 250g Icing sugar
- 120g Vegan butter
- 20g Coco powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 150°C/300°F
- Add 75g of reduced aquafaba into a bowl, add cream of tartar and mix with an electric mix until it begins to froth, then add caster sugar gradually in small amounts while still mixing until you have stiff peaks.
- Sift the almond flour, icing sugar and blitzed cookie mixture into a bowl and mix. Gently fold half the mixture into the meringue mixture, leave for five minutes to rest and then add the other half and leave for another 5 minutes. Do not over mix the mixture.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a round nozzle and pipe 2-inch circles onto your silicone baking mat, leave them to sit on the side for 20 minutes until they form a "skin".
- Bake your macarons in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, not a moment longer. Leave them to totally cool on the tray once they are out the oven and then you can take them off. If they stick to the baking mat, they're undercooked and can go back in for a little longer.
For the filling
- Mix the icing sugar, coco powder, butter and vanilla extract into a large bowl until combined, check recipe notes for full buttercream recipe.
- Pipe or spread into the macarons and sandwich together.