Affiliate links present
There’s nothing better than meringue kisses and I’ve now made vegan meringue kisses and I’m over the moon with them! These vegan candy cane meringues are something that’s going to get you in the mood this Christmas! These meringues look amazing, taste amazing and they’re the perfect festive treat to make for everyone.
These vegan meringues are more known as candy cane meringue cookies although I wouldn’t really call them vegan meringue cookies as they’re meringues! However it doesn’t matter what you call them, they taste great either way! Plus who doesn’t love egg free meringue!
These easy vegan meringues are the perfect thing to get you in the Christmas spirit, you can add a dash of peppermint flavouring as well if you want to give them a real candy cane flavour, or just make them look amazing without the flavour added in, either way, they’re nice and yummy! I’ve tried peppermint meringues and have to say they’re super yummy.
I will also say that Peppermint meringue cookies work great if you’re taking them to work, they go down a right treat and they all got eaten before lunch! Plus it’s little effort when you make these easy meringue cookies!
You might also like: Vegan Cinnamon Rolls – Christmas Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Equipment Needed To Make Vegan Candy Cane Meringues
So this recipe isn’t as straight forward as just needing a mixing bowl and going for it I’m afraid, you’re going to need a few things to get you through!
Electric mixers – the key piece of equipment unless you can whisk very, very fast! You’ll need a pretty decent one to make amazing meringue cookies.
Silicone baking mat – these are perfect for baking meringues, they don’t stick and you can chuck them in the dishwasher so you don’t have to wase baking parchment!
Cookie tins – if you want to know how long do meringue cookies last well get a cookie tin so you can trap them in there and you’re looking at around 2 weeks, just store them in the right place and you’ll be fine!
Pipe set – Make sure you’ve got your pipe bags set out and ready to go, pipe work isn’t the easiest but thankfully you won’t need to be a piping wizard for this recipe!
Peppermint Candy Cane Meringue Cookies Recipe
It doesn’t matter if you’re making these meringue cookies for yourself to nibble on after dinner or taking them to work, they’re fun to make and everyone will love them! Follow this simple recipe to find out How to Make Peppermint Meringue Cookies. Enjoy these Vegan Candy Cane Meringue Kisses
Vegan Candy Cane Peppermint Meringue Cookies Recipe
- 400g The liquid from a can of chickpeas
- 150g Icing sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- 1 tsp Peppermint flavouring
- Vegan red food colouring
- Preheat oven at 80c
- Drain the liquid from the can of chickpeas into a large clean bowl. Then use an electric whisk mixers, whisk the liquid on a high speed until it forms soft peaks.
- Gradually add the icing sugar 25g a time and continue to whisk till it forms stiff peaks. Whisk the flavouring in after all the sugar has been added and stiff peaks formed.
- Add the mixture into a pipe bag filling all the way, before piping onto the baking mat dip into red food dye and then pipe.
- Bake for 50 minutes, when the time is up, turn the oven off and leave them to cool in the oven for a further 10 minutes before taking them out.