There’s one thing I love having at Christmas and that’s cinnamon rolls, however, they can become very expensive when you’re buying them all the time! Which is why I thought of this cheap vegan cinnamon roll recipe to keep me festive and not so broke!
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
This vegan cinnamon rolls recipe is so simple to make I love it, I’m not the best at baking and it’s taking me a while to get better so I’m starting with recipes that are easier to make and this is one of them. These are so tasty and as I like to call them, the best Christmas cinnamon rolls you’ll ever make!
I wouldn’t say these are healthy vegan cinnamon rolls but they taste very nice. If you’re looking for an uncomplicated cinnamon roll recipe, you’ve found one.
Now I’ve not tried the Mary Berry cinnamon rolls recipe or the Paul Hollywood cinnamon rolls recipe but this is my own spin on them, making them vegan was a tricky challenge but I decided to give it a go. They may not be perfection but they’re close to it!
Equipment Needed For Making Christmas Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
You won’t need much when it comes to this yummy cinnamon roll recipe but the stuff you do need will make baking easier.
Electric Stand Mixer – I love my electric mixer, I use it for almost every recipe that I make and it saves so much time in the long run. If you’ve not got one of your own, get one or maybe put one on your Christmas list.
Rolling Pin – you’re going to need a good rolling pin for this cinnamon roll recipe. I hate rolling pins that fall apart or don’t do the job so make sure you invest in a good one!
If there’s any equipment that you use let me know in the comments, if there’s something that will make my vegan cinnamon rolls tasty then I need them! One tip I would put out there, get a silicone baking mat because they’re so much easier to use and save using baking parchment.
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Take a look at this dairy free cinnamon roll recipe, let me know what you think and if you liked them! I hope you enjoy this best ever vegan cinnamon rolls recipe! I like to dust my cinnamon rolls although I know a lot of people like to make an icing up, which is really easy with a little icing sugar, cinnamon spice and water.
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 480ml Soya Milk
- 115g Vegan butter
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 1 Pack Dry yeast
- 690g Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 170g Vegan butter
- 165g Brown sugar
- 4 tsp Cinnamon
- 40g Powdered icing sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, melted butter, and sugar.
- Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the mixture and let set for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and salt to the milk mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). After 1 hour, the dough should have nearly doubled in size.
- Flour a kitchen side and knead the dough lightly, adding more flour if necessary, until the dough loses its stickiness and does not stick to the surface.
- Roll the dough into a large rectangle, about ½-inch thick.
- Spread the butter onto the dough and then sprinkle on the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Roll up the dough, making a log, and pinch the seam closed. Cut the log in half, then cut into evenly sized pieces. About 1½ inches (8 cm) thick each.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in each cake pan, one in the center, six around the sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap. Bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven at 350˚F (180˚C) for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- When cooled dust with icing sugar.