If there’s one thing that I love, it’s scones. They are the embodiment of the British culture in my opinion and that’s why I have to make some yummy vegan scones so that I could really enjoy them. I would eat scones forever if I could but I find a lot of recipes need a lot of dairy to make them work.
Dairy Free Scones
These dairy free scones are perfect for me. As I’ve said I find a lot of scone recipes to be full of dairy and then when they are finally eaten people cover them with cream which is basically a big dollop of dairy on top. I use the dairy free cream you can buy in store now and when I make my dairy free scone recipe, I can enjoy it to the max.
You can substitute the dairy in normal scone recipes if you want, there are loads of dairy free alternatives to butter these days and you’ll be able to find them in almost any supermarket. So substitute your ingredients and you can still make the perfect dairy free scone recipe.
Vegan Scone Recipe
These vegan scones means pretty much anyone can enjoy them. As this recipe is vegan, these are also egg free scones and provided you use the correct ingrdients you can also make gluten free scones. I will say to always make sure that the ingredients are still vegan or gluten free etc. Some companies change their ingredients to products but don’t always let their customers know!
I love making amazing vegan recipes, the great thing I love about this vegan scone recipe is that it only needs 6 ingredients and they’re super simple and easy to make which is always a huge bonus! I will say though I’m partial to having my scones with just a bit of jam, when I say a bit I mean a lot and normally strawberry jam.
More Vegan Recipes
I love making vegan recipes and these scones are only the tip of the iceberg. Take a look at my other vegan recipes for more inspiration!
Easy Vegan Scone Recipe
I hope everyone enjoys this easy vegan scones recipe. I have made it a few times now and always enjoy it. I use special equipment though so take a look at the affiliate links below and get yourself a little treat to make your very own scones with! If you fancy turning these into vegan dessert scones, add some vegan chocolate chips to the mix!
Vegan Scones Recipe
- 375g Self Raising Flour Gluten-Free
- 115g Vegan Butter
- 60g Castor Sugar
- 20g Currants
- 190ml Soya Milk
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C)
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add the vegan butter plus currents and rub it with your fingers until the mix is crumbly. Then add castor sugar, milk and mix.
- Flour your work surface and your hands, and add extra flour as needed as you move the mix out of the mixing bowl and roll it with your hands into a big ball. If the dough is too sticky, add a little extra flour.
- Roll out the dough and use your cutter to cut out the scones, place onto a lined baking tray with a finger space in-between.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden on top.
If you liked my vegan scone recipe, don’t forget to add it to your Pinterest! Let’s let others enjoy their vegan scones so that they can enjoy their life a little better! YUM!